Written By RV Recipes on Thursday, September 26, 2019 | September 26, 2019
This Dutch Oven Stuffed Meatloaf recipe was sent in by an anonymous fan of our site (we appreciate you).
I have never personally tried cooking a meatloaf whilst out camping, maybe now is the time to change that.
For this recipe you will need a 12 inch Dutch oven and a trivet rack.
2 lbs. ground beef
1 cup crushed saltine crackers
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 Tbs. vinegar
1 package cream cheese
1 onion chopped
1 chopped bell pepper
1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp. Italian oregano
1. Mix the meatloaf ingredients thoroughly.
2. With a rolling pin roll out the meatloaf mixture into a rectangle and spread cream cheese evenly over it.
3. Spread chopped onions and bell pepper evenly over the cream cheese. (You can choose to use other ingredients here like mushrooms, hot peppers, olives, etc.).
4. Roll it up like you would for cinnamon rolls. Place on a foil covered trivet (poke several holes in the foil) and put into the Dutch oven.
5. Put about 20 coals on the lid, five under the oven and 10 around the outside. Put four more in the middle of the lid at the beginning.
6. After 30 minutes take these four coals away. Roast for 45 minutes, then cover the meatloaf with any tomato based sauce. Continue to roast for 30-40 minutes until meat is done.
Note: Hamburger needs to reach 180 degrees F to be safe, so use a meat thermometer for the first few times to be safe.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.