Written By RV Recipes on Thursday, June 27, 2019 | June 27, 2019
Bacon, Cheese and Potatoes Oh My!!!
This slow cooker recipe is quick and easy and you can leave it to cook whilst you're out having a great time on the 4X4 tracks or around the campfire with some friends.
1/4 lb bacon, cooked but tender and then diced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
4 medium potatoes, sliced medium
1 bag(s) shredded cheddar cheese
1 stalk(s) green onion, sliced in rounds
butter, to dot
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
1. Line slow cooker with foil, then layer half each of the bacon, onions and potatoes in the slow cooker
2. Season potato mixture with 1/2 of garlic and onion powders, then season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with 1/2 the butter.
3. Repeat vegetable layer and seasonings - then dot with remaining butter.
4. Cover with foil and cook on low for 4 1/2 – 5 hrs.
5. Top with cheese, re-cover with foil and cook for an additional 20 mins.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.