Written By RV Recipes on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 | June 12, 2019
Here's an easy Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine recipe.
You can slow cook this over a campfire but you will need to keep a close eye on the heat.
4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs 2-3 inches thick
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 small onion roughly chopped
6 carrots peeled and cut into large chucks
6 cloves garlic diced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups dry red wine
3 cups beef broth
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Season ribs liberally with salt and pepper
3. In a large dutch oven or heavy bottom pot. Heat oil over medium high heat. Sear ribs on all sides and transfer to a plate.
4. Add onions and carrots to cook, occasionally stirring until browned about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute and then add tomato paste and cook another 5 minutes.
5. Add red wine to deglaze the pot, then add the beef broth and bring to a low boil. Turn the heat to low and add back in the short ribs. Add your sprigs of Rosemary and Thyme into the pot. Cover with lid and bake for 2 hours then lower the heat to 160 degrees and bake another hour.
6. Remove pot from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.