Here's a Ham and Cheese Damper Scones recipe sent in by Jamie S.
My favorite cook up so far. Perfect for a dinner treat, and kids lunches. Our daughter loves them.
Tip: The best thing to do, is have them touching when cooking, to help each other rise.
1 handful of shredded ham
1 Handful of cheddar cheese
1 handful of mozzarella cheese
3 cups of self-raising flour
1 cup kirks lemonade
1 cup thickened cream
1. Mix in stainless bowl, until sticky
2. Then add flour as required.
3. Flatten on a timber chopping board,
4. Use a small egg ring to make this size.
5. Lay out on try or camp oven, I like them to all touch to help each other rise.
6. Brush in some milk so they brown right off in the oven.
7. Cook 200 degrees, 20/25 mins
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.