This Chicago Style Pizza was sent in by Robert from South Australia, he tells me he likes to travel overseas to America and that's where he learnt this delicious recipe.
Thank you Robert!
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
6 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil and pepper
1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
48 slices pepperoni
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, cornmeal, yeast, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat water and oil to 50°-55°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
3. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 11-in. circle. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 10-in. ovenproof skillets. Sprinkle each with 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
4. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and seasonings. Spoon 1-1/2 cups over each pizza. Layer each with half of the sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms; 1 cup mozzarella; and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover and bake at 230° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, about 5 minutes longer.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.