Written By RV Recipes on Friday, May 3, 2019 | May 03, 2019
This lemon Cake cake recipe was sent in by Monica from somewhere in the outback. She tells me this recipe is quick and easy to cook, and moist and delicious to eat. She also adds it's best served with a dollop (or two) of ice cream.
125 g butter
185 g sugar
185 g self-raising flour
4 tbs milk
2 eggs large
2 lemons zested
6 tbs fresh lemon juice
6 tbs icing sugar heaped
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
4. Add flour, lemon rind and milk and mix well.
5. Pour into tin and smooth top.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
7. Syrup: Mix lemon juice and sugar.
8. After removing cake from oven, prick the top with a metal skewer.
9. Pour over the lemon juice while cake is still hot.
10. Leave until cold before removing from tin.
Suggestion: Serve with Vanilla ice cream
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.