Written By RV Recipes on Saturday, May 11, 2019 | May 11, 2019
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Chicken...do I need to say more?
I am literally drooling whilst I write this, seriously, try this meal in your RV tonight, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices thin cut bacon
paprika to taste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Form into about 2 to 3-inch length and 1/2-inch thickness (make sure they will fit the cut you make on the chicken).
2. Wrap each cheese log in plastic film and freeze for about 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Trim chicken of any excess fat. Make a small slit on top of meat, but not cutting all the way through.
4. Remove the plastic film and insert the cheese log into the slit.
5. Wrap chicken with bacon and place in a single layer on a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
6. Season with paprika to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
7. Bake in a 200 C oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads about 75 C. To do in a campfire, wrap in foil and keep a close eye on it whilst it cooks.
8. Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon crisps. Serve hot.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.