Written By RV Recipes on Saturday, April 6, 2019 | April 06, 2019
This Quick Camping Omelette recipe was sent in by Heather, she notes that these are great to cook whilst camping/glamping as this recipe scales well for multiple people, and if you have kids in camp, they will love them too as they can get involved in the preparation process.
The best thing about this is you can add your own touches of flavor to make the perfect Omelette!
Let us know below in the comments, what ingredients make the perfect omelette in your opinion?
Veggies (green peppers, onion, mushrooms)
Meat (ham, bacon, sausage)
Cheese (shredded - 1/8 cup per person)
Eggs (2 per person)
Milk/cream (1/2 Tablespoon per person)
Butter (1/4 teaspoon per person)
Salt & Pepper
1. Fill a pot 3/4 full of water & put on to boil. Your pot size will be determined by how many people are eating. We use a dutch oven pot to prepare 6-8 omelettes.
2. Cut up your favorite ingredients, green pepper, onion, mushrooms ham, bacon, sausage (etc) into small pieces. This can be done ahead of time to save on the preparation at your destination. Put all ingredients on the table in bowls.
3. Give each person a Ziploc sandwich bag and write their name on it with a permanent marker.
4. Each person goes around the table with their bag & puts whatever ingredients they would like into it, then add the milk, butter, eggs & salt/pepper. "Zip" the bag up , try to get most of the air out of the bag to allow for expansion.
5. Carefully knead the bag to mix up the ingredients & scramble the eggs. Place the bag into the boiling water for 10 minutes.
** If you use more than 2 eggs allow an extra 3-4 minutes for cooking time.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.