I know we're a day late for this recipe, but here it is folks, the traditional Anzac Biscuit.
Here's an excerpt from WIKI about these delicious biscuits came about:
The biscuits were sent by wives and women's groups to soldiers abroad because the ingredients do not spoil easily and the biscuits kept well during naval transportation. Today, Anzac biscuits are manufactured commercially for retail sale.
You can read more about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_biscuit
Lest We Forget
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
125 g butter
2 tbs golden syrup
1 tbs water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add golden syrup and water.
3. Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the liquid mixture.
4. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake at 175C for 15-20 minutes.
6. The biscuits will harden when cool.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.