Written By RV Recipes on Monday, March 4, 2019 | March 04, 2019
This one pot recipe was provided by Heather, you can cook the whole lot in one pot making is super efficient to cook whilst camping or in your Caravan/Motorhome.
• 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 600 g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1 Large brown onion, halved, cut into thick wedges
• 200 g cup mushrooms, halved
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
• 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 Tbsp tomato paste
• 3 Cups Massel beef stock
• 300 g dried angel hair pasta
• 2 zucchini, cut into ribbons
• 2/3 Cup sour cream
• 1/4 Cup chopped fresh flat - leaf parsley, to serve
1. Heat 1/2 the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes or until just browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
2. Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion starts to brown. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Stir to coat. Add stock and 2 cups water. Bring to the boil. Add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender.
3. Return beef to pan with zucchini. Stir. Cook for a further 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in 1/2 the sour cream. Serve stroganoff topped with remaining sour cream, and sprinkled with parsley and extra paprika.
Use less water - made with less pasta than the recipe called for (250g) and it was watery, Tasted good, zucchini added some texture and taste
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.