Written By RV Recipes on Saturday, March 30, 2019 | March 30, 2019
These Cinnamon Stars could turn you into a star in your own right around caravan park, simple and delicious, this crowd pleaser is a great one to take with you on the road.
2 2/3 cups (300g) finely ground almonds
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups (440g) icing sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Stir together the almonds, cinnamon and lemon zest until combined.
2.Beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Slowly sift in the icing sugar, continuing to beat until the mixture is stiff. Set aside 1/3 cup of the egg white mixture for the glaze. Fold in the almond mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line the baking trays with baking paper.
4. Roll the dough to 6mm thickness on a surface that has been sprinkled with icing sugar. Using a 6cm star cookie cutter, cut out the biscuits and place them on the baking trays.
5. To make the glaze, add the lemon juice to the reserved egg white mixture, stirring until smooth.
6. Brush the tops of the biscuits lightly with the glaze. (If the glaze starts to thicken, add a few more drops of lemon juice.)
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. When done, they will be light brown and soft in the centre. Remove and cool on wire racks.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us
Photos are a serving suggestion only and may not be an exact representation of the recipe above.