Written By RV Recipes on Monday, February 18, 2019 | February 18, 2019
Pumpkin for dessert? Well you can with this quick and easy Pumpkin Pie recipe sent in from Anna in Victoria, she tells us that the crust is the easiest pie crust to make and if you're making a savory pie, cut out the sugar and increase the salt to 1 tsp.
Thank you Anna, I'll be sure to give this one a crack on my next road trip!
For the pie:
1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp water
½ tsp vanilla
pie crust (see below)
For the Pie Crust:
190 grams of flour
1 tbsp (rounded) sugar
120 ml (about ½ a cup) vegetable oil
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 200 Celsius
2. Place all ingredients into a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Stir all together with a fork.
4. Pat mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
5. Poke holes in the bottom and sides with a fork.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
1. Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
2. Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs, mix well.
4. Add evaporated milk, water, vanilla, and mix well.
5 . Pour into pastry shell.
6. Bake at 200 Celsius for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 180 Celsius for 35 minutes.
Remember to check on the pie often.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Dust pie with icing sugar. Serve with whipped cream, and if you're like me...LOTS of whipped cream lol
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us