Written By RV Recipes on Thursday, February 28, 2019 | February 28, 2019
This Bacon and Potato Soup recipe was sent in by Abigail from "Somewhere" in the outback, thank you for the recipe Abigail, it looks amazing and I can't wait to cook this on my next road trip!
300g peeled, cubed potatoes
8 bacon rashers
1 large onion, diced
2 sticks celery, diced
1 large carrot, diced
200ml chicken stock
1 2/3 cups (420ml) full cream milk
1 cup (250g) sour cream (or Greek yoghurt)
1 pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon finely diced fresh parsley
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover the saucepan and place over medium high heat then boil the potatoes until tender. Drain reserving 125ml cooking liquid.
2. Roughly mash the potatoes in the saucepan, leaving some large chunks.
3. Meanwhile; fry the bacon until crisp then remove to kitchen paper to drain.
4. In the same frying pan saute onion, celery and carrots in bacon dripping until tender. Add to potatoes. Stir in reserved cooking liquid, chicken stock, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through; do not boil.
5. Dice bacon and add to soup along with parsley.
Do you have favorite recipe you like to cook on the road? Why not send it in to be featured on our RV Recipe website, if it gets popular enough, it might just make our quarterly cookbook Email Us